Clinical Instructor/Preceptor Requirements
- Be licensed as a pharmacist for at least one year.
- Pharmacist license is in good standing with the Board of Pharmacy.
- Practice at your site for at least 6 months.
- Practice at your site for 32 hours per week*
- Complete a clinical instructor application form.
- Complete the online clinical instructor training.
- Complete the annual UW HIPAA training.
- Complete the evaluation forms in a timely fashion.
- Be enthusiastic to take students!
Checklist for Clinical Instructors/Preceptors
- Apply Now by filling out a Clinical Instructor form and fax to 608-265-5421.
Download the Clinical Instructor Form: PDF file | Word doc
- After your application is processed, you will receive information on how to activate your NetID from Tina Rundle. You can use your NetID to login and access your School of Pharmacy (SoP) Clinical Instructor web page
- Phone: 608-262-4842 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our office will contact you for a site visit with Mara Kieser.
- Phone: 608-265-0912 | Email: email@example.com
- Annually update the following: (found on the SoP Clinical Instructor web page)
- A paragraph describing your site
- A paragraph describing student activities
- Usual hours students will be at your site
- An action plan
- Personal Information
- View the online training programs on the SoP Clinical Instructor web page.
- Sign up to take APPE students on the SoP Clinical Instructor web page annually in August.
- Sign up to take IPPE students on the SoP Clinical Instructor web page annually in December.
- Check for students assigned to your site on the SoP Clinical Instructor web page annually in February.
- Check for student feedback on the SoP Clinical Instructor web page at the end of each block.